Wednesday 14 April 2010

Frustrations

There's one thing that really annoys me about myself, more than anything else.

It's the fact that my actual talent far outweighs my ability.

It sounds strange, but it makes perfect sense. What I can come up with in terms of music is amazing. The main issue is that I can't play it. I can't even come close to making a noise that vaguely resembles the concept that is going around in my head. It gets quite tedious.

It's like being a really good fuck if only I could get over this fucking erectile dysfunction.

I realise that, having just become single - Yes, Beyonce, my hands are up - I probably shouldn't be admitting such things on such a public domain as the internet. Of course, what I should do and what I actually end up doing are generally two very different things that might have once briefly met at a party before diverging paths greatly.

I have no idea where the fuck that analogy - or this entire post, for that matter - is going, but I'm going to run with it.

Anyway, the whole point is that basically, the songs I write and the songs I write are two completely different things. That may seem like a contradiction in terms, but then I'd suggest you merely pay more attention to what has been written previously and you might actually figure stuff out by yourself.

Let's recap, shall we?

-I write songs
-I can't play said songs
-I write different songs that are simplified versions
-I'm surprised they even let you near electronic equipment

See? Quite simple, really.

Anyway, I need to get dressed and go to work, so you finish this blog post yourself.

Actually, don't. You don't have the wit required for such a thing. Just, leave it. I'll get back to it. Or I'll leave it here like an abandoned puppy.

How can it be an abandoned puppy before I leave it somewhere?

I'll leave on that note.

No comments: