Tuesday 2 March 2010

Futility

At the behest of Sof, who has apparently taken far too much interest in my writing of late, I am blogging once more.

Have you ever felt like everything you've ever done with your life is completely pointless? You should, because it is. Even an individual as self-important as I am has come to terms with the fact that, no matter what I do, it all essentially counts for nothing.

It's a depressing thought, isn't it?

There are things that do matter at the time, of course. Several things that will be remembered and praised for years to come will occur too. But, at the end of the day, when all is said and done it really doesn't matter at the end of it all. We all die and the human race will come to an end and everything you've ever achieved will cease to matter to the universe.

But fuck that for a blog post. That's far too fucking miserable.

I really don't have anything to say. My life at the moment is such a current non-event that to attempt to write anything about it is completely futile, which ties into the original point of this post.

I am currently bandless. This to me is a good thing. I have been let loose with my creativity and it's really working for me. I'm swapping between genres like crazy. One minute I'll be playing skacore with a hardcore punk edge and the next it'll merge into a hiphop breakbeat. This is both a positive and a negative. My sound isn't very accessible at all, something akin to a blend of Jamie T and the mighty Sonic Boom Six, but then I'm not here to impress you, I'm here to do what I want to do

I still struggle with lyrics. I've never been a huge fan of hiding everything you have to say behind metaphor when you can just be direct. I'm also a massive fan of rhyming as much as possible, because wordplay makes me moist to an extent that only Emma, Laila and Zooey have ever managed. Which is to say, very. The main problem I have is maintaining focus, rather than heading off in a different direction.

Which is something that happens to me a lot, if you look at this blog.

My standup comedy act is also coming along nicely. I'm offending almost everyone with some of the gags, but then I have never exactly been for everyone. I've offended everyone I know at some point, even the people who know me best. It hasn't come as a surprise that my humour is offensive and self deprecating.

I can't be bothered to write anymore. Consider this blog a one off, very rarely do I desire to talk about myself.

Now, be off with you.

No comments: